As an artist, would you like to know what would be the best drawing tablet for you? Or do you want to be artist & searching a digital drawing tablet that helps you practice the craft? Want to buy top rated graphics tablets for loved one or for a gift?
In case, you are looking for such tablet and do not know where to start from, then this is something that you can have a look at these for starters. I want to save you time, energy & money! Below I compared and reviewed the best drawing tablets for artists & creative thinker. Furthermore, for choosing the right tablet I have also written a buyer’s guide after these reviews.
Best Drawing Tablets 2018
Here I listed top rated drawing tablets with their features, specification and benefits. You can choose that suit for you as per your requirement.
|Brand Name||Pressure Sensitivity||Size||Features|
|XP-Pen Artist10S (Editor’s Choice)||2048||15 x 9.3 x 2.0||6 mm thin, 8.5" x 5.3" screen|
|Wacom Intuos Art Pen||1024||8.2 x 0.4 x 6.7||ExpressKeys, Wireless adapter, Works with Mac, PC, Corel, Photoshop|
|Huion H610 Pro||2048||9.6 x 13.9 x 0.6||Ultra-thin, 8 side button, 16 hotkeys, 10 x 6.25'' work space|
|Wacom Intuos Pro Pen (PTH651)||2048||14.9 x 9.9 x 0.5||ExpressKeys, Sleek design, Multi-touch gestures|
|Ugee M1000L Digital||2048||14.2 x 10.2 x 0.3||10 x 6" drawing area, Works with Mac, Win., Photoshop, Autodesk MAYA, Corel|
|Wacom Cintiq 13HD Interactive||2048||14.8 x 0.5 x 9.8||1920 x 1080 HD display, Works with PC or a Mac|
|Ugee 1910B Digital||2048||18.3 x 20.9 x 7.2||1440 x 900 resolution, 19" LCD Screen|
XP-Pen Artist10S Graphics Drawing Monitor – Best Tablet ( Editor’s Choice)
This is a great display graphics tablet for animators. If you are a budding or a professional graphic artist you will the need of a good stylus. When I talk about a tablet, I mean they have to be durable and working. This XP-Pen is a drawing tablet that suits artists of all levels and has been mesmerizing them for quite a while. It comes with a lot of accessories that prove to be handy and mention has to be made about its long cord that adds to its competency.
- Design: Speaking from this perspective it has to be mentioned that this tablet has a lot of potential. There is no learning curve using this, especially for a newbie and pros know how to deal with it any which ways. The black color lends it a rugged look and the body is strong enough to with stand your daily chores.
- Functions: You can edit, sketch, paint, draw and most importantly design freely with this tablet. A reference has to be made to the display that is angled at178 degrees and is capable of delivering sharper images and more convincing colors.
- Pen: It has the standard 2048 pressure mount that gives you the feeling of etching on paper. It battery free and does not require charging, that means more productivity as you don’t lose hours charging it.
- Gives you the feel of natural drawing
- It has 6 customize keys
- Has been coated with anti-reflective film that reduces 56% glare
- Saves you time drawing on the computer
- Intuitive tablet computer for graphic designing
- Considered to be a very good option for beginners
This tablet is the best tablet for artists, stable and can be regarded as an alternative to the high end ones without the shadow of a doubt. It is a simple tool that if employed wisely can increase your effectiveness.
Wacom Intuos Art Pen and Touch Digital Graphics Painting – Best Tablet Under $100 (Budget Friendly)
Treat this as a digital canvas that can make your thoughts come to life by drawing. The Intuos Art pen makes designing, drawing, painting and editing a breeze for you. Moreover, Wacom is a reliable brand that is known for manufacturing creative tools like the best cheap drawing tablets. In fact, it is known for its line of creative products that makes graphic designing easy for entry level aspirants as well as industry pros.
- Natural feel: It works with 1024 pressure points that it can mirror brushstrokes and natural hand. This makes your work speak louder than your thoughts in a positive way.
- Adaptability: The Express Keys can customize that provide you with an overwhelming experience. You can zoom in, navigate and scroll up or down with these keys for the maximum effect. Well that quite obviously is comforting than trying to reach the same result with a mouse at least!
- Digital pen: It is a pressure sensitive pen that can draw with variations and make unique brush effects possible within your digital realm. Furthermore, this allows you to lend your graphics a realistic touch in your own ways.
- The digital pen makes drawing faster and easier as compared to a mouse
- Additionally, the digital drawing tablet helps you draw within a specific dimension
- In case you rest your hand on the tablet, it does not pick up
- It is a handy graphics tablet that is responsive
- Works with Mac, PC, Corel, Illustrator and Photoshop
To be honest, the Wacom Intuos Art Pen is one of a kind of the best graphic drawing tablet that meet the terms all of your expectations as a graphic designer. People of all ages can work with it, which means you can gift it to someone to encourage their creativity.
Huion H610 Pro Digital Drawing Tablet
If you want a realistic digital drawing canvas, then your search shall end in here. This tablet comes with carrying bag and glove. The pen is easy to manage unlike a mouse; it is responsive and is a powerful tool to etch your thoughts into the digital realm.This way you get to do more than you can expect with a traditional mouse and not to mention that this accelerates your work.
- Technology: This tablet has a lot more to offer with its 2048 pressure level, 5080 lines an inch and 233 revolutions in a second make its technology speak of its excellence.
- Pen: The pen is rechargeable, light and runs on AAA batteries. It can last for 800 hours with a 2 hour charge and make it easy for you to work for longer hours.
- Size: It is an ultra-thin tablet that 10 x 6.25 inches that neither takes up a lot of space nor becomes a hindrance while working. No you do not have to worry about you drawing area as you get ample of it with this canvas.
- You can draw faster with a digital tablet as compared to doing the same with a mouse
- It is compatible with Windows XP/7/8/8.1/10 and Mac OS (latest versions)
- This drawing tablet for artists is considered good for both right and left hand operations
- It can be customized according to your needs because of the hotkeys
- Most importantly, it can help you draw effectively
The Huion H610 Pro is a cool way of handling your graphics and it is here to stay. In fact, it astonishing to know that experts prefer it with their eyes closed. You can be foraying into digital arts with this helpful tool for sure.
Wacom Intuos Pro Pen and Touch Drawing Tablet
Wacom’s Intuos line of products has rarely been on the receiving end and the present one under discussion. These tablets have been designed for both professionals and beginners. This makes photo editing, drawing and sketching more efficient. Basically, this is a graphic drawing tablet that has been designed to get the better of you.
- Design: Sleek in design and wrapped in a rubberized material that Wacom is popular for. The Express Keys have been changed a little and have a groove around them. They are easier to press and more definite that gives you the leverage to work without looking at them.
- Enhances productivity: You get a Touch Ring that makes your job effortless because you can now zoom, swipe, switch layers or do other detailing with it. This means you do not have to take your hands off the screen to reach for a mouse and finish off faster.
- Pen: You can personalize the pen as you get 10 nibs with it to use as per your requirement. It comes with 5 standard nibs, 1 stroke nib, 3 felt tips and 1 flex nib. See, you certainly get a lot of choices to make and there are no doubts about it.
- This digital canvas is very sturdy and you can count on a Wacom for that
- It has unmatched quality
- It can be used by both left and right handed people
- The pen is the size of a Sharpie
- It is soft and has a good grip (one that does not slip)
- Since you gifted with nibs, there is no need to worry about changing them once a year
- Multi-touch gestures take the experience beyond drawing for sure
Wacom’s Intuo is a tablet that you would look up to because of its built and of course the brand. Most professionals opt for Wacom, not only because it is a “wow” product but because of the functionality of their tablets.
Ugee M1000L Digital Graphics Drawing Tablet – Best for Beginners
This is a right choice for those who are just getting started or for young artists. Like any other digital drawing tablet, this one tries its best to help you increase your production. For doing so, it has been equipped with 2048 pressure pen and a drawing area of 10 x 6 inches. This makes the tablet a genuine product that can be used to reach precision while managing work within the digital framework.
- Design: The manufacturer has kept the UI and the whole tablet pretty simple. This is a user friendly tablet and this simplicity all the more establishes the fact. The all black body compliments the tough make of this tablet.
- Compatibility: As a matter of fact, it is compatible with almost all operating systems including Mac, Windows (from XP to 10), Photoshop, Illustrator, Autodesk MAYA, Corel Painter, Autodesk Sketchbook and a lot more.
- Pen: The P51 stylus works with AAA batteries and can provide you with real experience of drawing with its natural pressure levels. Moreover, the pen can be used as a pen and even as an eraser at times.
- The customization helps you bring out your efficiency
- The 2048 assists you draw flawlessly
- You are in complete control of the sketching
- You get a lot of area to draw that is required for accuracy
- Ugee provides you with great support when needed
In a way, it should be stated that this graphic designing tablet is a tool that not only can help you increase your output, but also the finesse that you yearn for. This tablet has the construction unlike many name brands and is here to stay for long without a doubt.
Wacom Cintiq 13HD Interactive Pen Display
Come on now, I do not have to talk about Cintiq much as you already know about too much. I shall only confers few important things about this wonder product that you may not know. This is because, I know a lot has already been said about it and there is nothing new that I can add to it. It is a well-known tablet and I cannot deny that. All I can say is that, I will cover some points that others may have missed.
- Design: Wacom is good at doing at manufacturing the best drawing tablets and there are no second thoughts about it. The black coating, the glossy finish makes it striking and the buttons on the bezel make it useful.
- Pen: The pen is 2048 pressure sensitive and is extremely soft to touch. You get 10 replacement nibs with this set that makes your job easy as you don’t have to run helter-skelter in case one break. The two tone body with a zest of chrome makes it lustrous beyond imagination.
- Useful: It can work with PC or a Mac and the Express Keys add to your productivity as they can be personalized. The shortcut keys help you work faster and most definitely make this a functional unit.
- It has a creative canvas that works with a stylus with natural pressure levels
- It has HD display of 1920 X 1080 with wide angle viewing
- You get an adapter for HDMI to Mini Display that can be connected to Mac Pro quite easily
- Time saver when it comes to digital drawing
- You can tether the peripherals as and when you like
In a nutshell, it must be stated that the Cintiq 13HD is a graphic tablet that you can rely on. It is the one you will need in case you are looking for something serious and big.
Ugee 1910B Digital Pen Tablet
If you are looking for an alternative to Cintiq, then this is it and this is cheaper substitute that you can actually count on. In case, budget is a problem, then this could be your thing as this obviously does not cost that much. You will be glad to know that this is something you can get in abundance as most online retailers have it in their inventory. That solves your problem of where to buy it from and also tells a lot about its reputation.
- Design: Ergonomically designed that means it has a comfortable grip and easy to work with. In addition to this, it comes with an adjustable stand that saves it from shaking while meeting your drawing standards.
- Compatibility: You name it and you will find this beast to be compatible with all of them. Thinking of Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 or 10, yes it is. Then again Mac OS all latest versions, Photoshop CC, SAI, Adobe Photoshop, Autodesk MAYA, 3D Max, Illustrator, Autodesk Sketchbook, ZBrush Corel Painter and Pixologic. Well the list goes on, you can find more.
- Pen: Touch sensitive pen with 2048 pressure levels can deliver the most lifelike representation of your thoughts into a digital canvas. Most importantly it is battery free and that makes your life easy.
- Makes your work easy
- Its compatibility adds to its versatility of functions
- You get 19 inches LED lit drawing area with TFT panel
- A resolution of 1440x 900 makes it a breathtaking experience for a graphic designer
- The drawing stand is an additional benefit that adds to its usefulness
I must agree that the Ugee 1910B is a rare combination of deliverance and technology and in the best drawing tablet for artist list. It has been well balanced on both the fronts and this makes it a go-to product for most designers.
At a Glance: My Top Picks in Each Category
- Best at Any Price: XP-Pen Artist10S Graphics Drawing Monitor
- Best Budget Friendly: Wacom Intuos Art Pen and Touch
- Best for Beginners: Ugee M1000L Digital Graphics Drawing Tablet
Buyer’s guide to Choose Drawing Tablet
Speaking about tablets to a commoner may mean a fancy gadget that they use to connect to internet. However, a graphic designer or artists understands the need of it and is truly blessed with the knowledge using the real ones.
How to choose graphic drawing tablet?
There is no specific solution to this query, other than your requirement that defines it. You will be astonished to know that there are a few parameters you could stick as a rule of the thumb. I will be discussing a most of them to choose the best drawing tablet 2018 in this guide. I have laid down the important ones for you, read it care.
- Your skill level: As I said that you need to choose it as per your necessity is true. If you are confused, then let your expert guide you through it and you will not be swindled provided you remain true to it. For example, if you are a beginner, you must choose something simple and compact, again someone in mid-level will be choosing a tablet of higher configuration and an expert will go for a bigger version that could be used with CAD.
- Brand: Names like Wacom and Ugee have sprung up that are worth a shot. Do you think people trust brands owing to their popularity? To some extent, yes, but if you look deeper you will know what made these brands gain popularity is their performance. Our advice would be held on to them and you are not the only loyalist, there are many that trust it.
- Compatibility: This goes without saying, that the digital drawing tablet must be compatible with major operating systems. Photoshop, Illustrator, Corel Painter, Autodesk MAYA, Mac, Autodesk Sketchbook, Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 or 10, you name it and it should be on the list of the tablet’s compatibility list. Choose carefully as this can make or break your experience.
- Battery life: If possible avoid the ones that run on batteries, especially the pens. Although, if you are tight on budget and think can manage with a heavy pen, then it is totally up to you as I already said that your need primarily defines what is right.
- Sensitivity: Talking of the pen brings us to this conversation that of sensitivity. The pen must be light in weight that helps ease your hand movements. Must be pressure sensitive and must abide by the standard levels (2048) in the least. Again, if you are opting for a pen that needs batteries, then you must check on its charge time and promissory hours of work.
- Size of the graphics: Okay, now this differs and ranges from 4 to 9 inches. What is that I am talking about? This is the size of the pad that you will draw on and it needs to be spacious. Of course, you may get a smaller one if you don’t have a budget and are new to graphics, but eventually you may need a larger one like the pros. So, opt for a size that will help you during your learning as well as can be of use as a professional down the line. Nonetheless, choice is yours again, so make it carefully.
- Variety: Yes, you must look into a company that offers you with wide range of choices because that reduces the learning curve once you get a higher model of the same brand. In other words, you need a brand that offers you with an array of products for you to choose.
- Support: This may not be a feature that will be written about, but support from a brand means a lot. You must be able to talk to executives or support teams address your issue irrespective of your time zone. This certainly adds to their brand value as well.
- Accessories: Some brands provide you with extra nibs, bags and even glove to reduce the hand to tablet friction. You may look for these as they can make your buy meaningful.
- Availability: In today’s busy world, you may look for a model that is readily available in the market. You may even order it online and get it delivered in your mail for convenience. Yes, but make sure that you have read about the features and all the details that you may want in your tablet.
- Value for money: After all, it comes down to one point that your investment should have value for your money as you can choose cheap drawing tablet. So, whichever model you choose, make sure provides you value for your investment. It must last you long and should be low on maintenance to keep things simple.
I hope you will surely found these reviews and buyer’s guide are helpful and informative for choosing the best digital drawing tablet or best tablet for drawing without any fluff. Thanks for going through, let me know your valuable thoughts & experience, if possible leave a comment below.